We put our members first at Premier Members Credit Union. That means local branches, friendly tellers, and a strong focus on uplifting our whole community. As Artisans of Banking, we take the best of modern technology and combine it with unmatched service. It’s the way banking was supposed to be.
Remember feeling like a millionaire with your first $20 bill? That’s how we treat our members every day.
Pillars of Being Premier
We care about what you care about. We call it the six pillars of being Premier.
We wouldn’t be anything without our members. They are at the heart of everything we do, and serving them is what we do best. We share our successes, keep our promises, and place our values as a financial institution on six pillars of service that represent our commitment to always putting our members first.
Over a century of banking experience. 2 strong financial institutions. 1 amazing credit union.
On May 1st, 2015 Boulder Valley Credit Union and Premier Members Federal Credit Union joined forces in a “merger of equals” to form a new credit union called Premier Members Credit Union.
- 1959 – Boulder Valley Schools Credit Union was organized and chartered when 17 members deposited $5 each, kept in a money box at Casey Jr. High.
- 1966 – 25 IBM workers united to create a high-quality financial service and founded the IBM Boulder Federal Credit Union, later to become the IBM Rocky Mountain Employees Federal Credit Union.
- 1976 – Boulder Valley Schools Credit Union expanded to welcome employer groups, beginning with Estes Park School District, and amassed 2500 members and $2.5M in assets.
- 2000 – An influx of new companies joined the IBM Rocky Mountain Credit Union, attracted by its long history of reliable and high quality service, and Premier Members Federal Credit Union was born.
- 2007 – Boulder Valley Schools Credit Union proudly became the first fully eco-conscious bank or credit union in Colorado, and committed itself to setting an example for other financial institutions to go green.
- 2010 – Premier Members Federal Credit Union merged with Farmer’s Union Federal Credit Union, strengthening its position in the market.
- 2012 – Boulder Valley Schools Credit Union became the primary credit union for Ball Corporation and its 3000+ employees.
- 2015 – Boulder Valley Schools Credit Union and Premier Members Federal Credit Union joined forces in a “merger of equals,” uniting two major Colorado financial institutions into one amazing credit union: Premier Members.
Credit Unions vs. Banks
Serving the community, not the C-suite.
See why choosing a credit union is right for you.
Resources to help you find frequently requested information fast.