Experience better banking at Premier Members CU with better rates, less fees and better service than you would receive at a bank.
- Join Us
- Who Can Join
- Why PMCU
- Employer Affiliation
How To Join
If you so choose, you may also open your account via either of the following methods:
Please review our Membership Agreement
Not a Member - Joining is Easy!
We can qualify you for membership in any of the following ways:
- If you live or work within the boundaries of Boulder County
- If you live or work within the boundaries of Broomfield County
- If you live or work within the boundaries of Jefferson County
- If you live or work within the boundaries of Larimer County
- If you live or work within the boundaries of Weld County
- Students, faculty, or staff of the Boulder Valley School District or Westminster Public Schools.
- Employees or family members of employees of IBM, Ball Corporation, Boulder Community Health, Lexmark, or Medtronic.
- Premier Members CU partners with over 750 companies and organizations within our community. Affiliation with one of our partners will qualify you for membership. Contact us for further details.
- If you are related to someone who has an account with PMCU, then you also qualify.
- If you do not meet any of the criteria above, you may choose to join through our affiliation with Impact on Education the primary charity for the Boulder Valley School District. Doing so is simple, and no additional action is needed on your part.
Know that if you should ever change jobs or move, you retain full membership benefits. Once a member, always a member at Premier Members Credit Union!
Who is Premier Members CU?
Premier Members Credit Union is a not-for-profit, local financial institution that has been committed to providing competitive, quality services for our members' financial success since 1959. As a credit union, we have members, not customers. We exist to provide our members an opportunity to improve their economic well being. Premier Members CU offers a full range of financial products and services with warm and friendly service. While Premier Members CU offers the same sophisticated financial products and services as many large banks, our service and value are worlds apart.
An Eco-Conscious Option
Premier Members CU became Colorado's first fully eco-conscious financial institution in 2007. From solar panels to recycled paper, we work hard to make the community and the world a better place. To learn more about our efforts and how you can help, click on Premier: Sustainability.
Rock Solid Financials
PMCU is regulated by Colorado state laws. Deposits are federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF), administered by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). Therefore, you can rest assured your funds are insured and protected.
The Facts on NCUA Insurance
Federally Insured by NCUA - You've seen that phrase but do you know what it really means?
The National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF) is the federal fund created by Congress in 1970 to insure member's deposits in federally insured credit unions. The insurance limit was permanently increased to $250,000 per individual depositor on September 17, 2010. Administered by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), the NCUSIF is backed by the "full faith and credit" of the U.S. Government.
Credit union membership is an employee benefit that can give your company a competitive edge in attracting qualified employees as well as improve the financial well being of your current employees. Not only does Premier Members CU membership provide financial services with very competitive rates and excellent service, we provide education empowering your employees and their family members to make sound financial decisions.
As an employer, by incorporating credit union membership as an additional employee benefit, your company will gain a crucial employment advantage. Best of all, these benefits are offered to your employees at no cost to your company.
We invite you to join the credit union family by becoming a Select Employee Group (SEG) of Premier Members CU.
If you or your company is interested in offering Premier Members CU membership as a benefit to employees, please begin the process by completing the forms below and please feel free to contact our Business Development Coordinator at 303.657.7262 with any questions:
Featured SEG Benefit - Employer Assisted Housing
Premier Members CU was the first credit union in Colorado to offer this exciting benefit to its employees, now this benefit is available to all credit union affiliated SEGs.
The Employer Assisted Housing (EAH) benefit is made possible by a unique partnership between Premier Members CU, Funding Partners, Fannie Mae, and employers, working together to build stronger communities, while developing greater opportunities for safe, stable, and affordable housing for our primary workforce.
Participating employers will develop a set of eligibility requirements for their employees, similar to other benefit programs currently offered. Upon application and certification of eligibility by the employer, the employee is then referred to Premier Members CU to complete the home-buying process.
Benefits to Employers:
- Highly effective recruitment tool
- Reduction in training and hiring costs
- Greater employee retention and loyalty
- Highly cost-effective employee benefit
- Enhanced reputation as "family-friendly" employer
- Improved employee morale
- Creation of employer goodwill in the community
- Community revitalization
- Opportunity to make an investment in housing
Benefits to Employees:
- Realization of dream of homeownership
- Helps bring affordable housing within reach
- Offers cash for down payment and helps overcome closing costs
- Enhanced lifestyle associated with homeownership, great quality of life
- Increased job satisfaction and loyalty to employer
- Possibility of reducing commuting time
- Investment in a home with possible equity appreciation over time
Important information about procedures for opening a new account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means to you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We will also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents. In some cases, identification will be requested from existing members because appropriate documentation was not obtained at the time an account was originally opened.