2019 Scholarship Season is Here!
Calling all high school seniors – it’s that time. Every year, Premier Members Credit Union recognizes high school seniors with proven excellence in academics, community involvement and extracurricular activities. We reward $35,000 annually to local education foundations and school districts within our community. And now’s your chance to get your part of the pie. Apply by May 10, 2019 for the chance to win one of two $5,000 scholarships! Application Deadline: May 10, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- Applicant must be a member of Premier Members CU in good standing. If you are not a member, YOU CAN JOIN! Contact the Credit Union for membership information.
- Applicant must be a Spring High School Graduate of the current year with a minimum 2.5 cumulative high school grade point average (GPA).
- Applicant must have already been accepted at a college or technical school within the United States and must begin school as a full-time freshman in the Fall of the graduating year with a minimum of 12 credit hours per quarter. Verification of acceptance must be provided with completed application.
Please ensure that you include the following when submitting your completed application.
- Applicant must complete the official Application form
- Applicant must list all extracurricular activities (school, religious, community, and sports). Include honors and awards, organizations and clubs you participated in including dates, offices held, responsibilities, etc.
- Applicant must submit an official, high school transcript (obtained from your counselor) including SAT or ACT scores.
- Applicant must have two detailed letters of reference (on letterhead) from non-family members who know you well. These can include teachers, counselors, school administrators, employers, coaches, scout or religious leaders, etc.
- Applicant must submit a typed, double-spaced essay (250-350 words) describing yourself, why you are uniquely qualified for this scholarship, what going to college means to you, and your goals and interests. Grammar, content, clarity, and overall presentation will be taken into consideration.
- Completed applications must be emailed in .pdf format to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m on May 10, 2019 in the following order:
- Completed Premier Members Scholarship application
- Extracurricular Activities
- High School Transcript, including SAT or ACT scores
- Two letters of reference on letterhead
Note: Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.657.7304. *Please note, we are no longer accepting mailed or applications that have been dropped off at branch locations. Please mail your completed scholarship to email@example.com.
Rudy Sumpter Scholarship
Are you a Monarch High School Future Business Leaders Association (FBLA) student? Apply for the $2,500 Rudy Sumpter Scholarship.
Colorado and Company KUSA-TV (News Segment)
Additional External Scholarship Opportunities:
In addition to the two $5,000 Premier Members CU Scholarships, we reward $25,000 in Premier Scholarships to the following external organizations:
2018 Scholarship Winners
- Hailey Johnson
- Ryan Chiem
- Adam Kiehl
Partner Scholarship Opportunities:
Mountain West Credit Union Foundation: Brayman-Beach Scholarship
The Board of Directors and Management of Mountain West Credit Union Foundation are pleased to announce the Brayman-Beach Scholarship.
One $5,000 scholarship will be awarded to a student who is a member of a Colorado-based credit union seeking a business degree from a four-year accredited institution.
There is no better way to convey the “people helping people” philosophy and the generous nature of our credit union community than by helping your young members achieve their dream of higher education.
For details click here.
Application Deadline: March 29, 2019, 1:00 p.m.