2018 Scholarship Opportunities Now Available!
Apply for the $5,000 Premier Scholarship.
Annually, Premier Members CU awards scholarships to high school seniors in their quest for higher education. This year, Premier Members CU will award two students with $5,000. The scholarship award is based on academics, school and community involvement, and essay content.
Application Deadline: May 8, 2018, 5:00pm
- Applicant must be a member of Premier Members CU in good standing. If you are not a member, YOU CAN JOIN! If you are 18 or older, apply online. If you are under 18, you must come into a branch to complete your membership application.
- Applicant must be a Spring High School Graduate of the current year with a minimum 2.5 cumulative high school grade point average (GPA).
- Applicant must have already been accepted at a college or technical school within the United States and must begin school as a full-time freshman in the Fall of the graduating year with a minimum of 12 credit hours per quarter. Verification of acceptance must be provided with completed application.
Please ensure that you include the following when submitting your completed application.*
- Applicant must complete the official Application form
- Applicant must list all extracurricular activities (school, religious, community, and sports). Include honors and awards, organizations and clubs you participated in including dates, offices held, responsibilities, etc.
- Applicant must submit an official, high school transcript (obtained from your counselor) including SAT or ACT scores..
- Applicant must have two detailed letters of reference (on letterhead) from non-family members who know you well. These can include teachers, counselors, school administrators, employers, coaches, scout or religious leaders, etc.
- Applicant must submit a typed, double-spaced essay (250-350 words) describing yourself, why you are uniquely qualified for this scholarship, what going to college means to you, and your goals and interests. Grammar, content, clarity, and overall presentation will be taken into consideration.
- Completed applications must be emailed in .pdf format to email@example.com by 5:00 pm on May 8, 2018 in the following order:
- Completed Premier Members Scholarship application
- Extracurricular Activities
- High School Transcript, including SAT or ACT scores
- Two letters of reference on letterhead
*Please note, we are no longer accepting mailed or applications that have been dropped off at branch locations. Please mail your completed scholarship to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 Scholarship Winners
Congratulations to Angelica Bencomo, Allison Roberts, and Emanuel Robertson!
Premier Members Scholarship winner Impact on Education Angelica Bencomo
Premier Member Scholarship winner Allison Roberts with PMCU staff
Premier Scholarship winner Emanuel Robertson with PMCU staff
Additional External Scholarship Opportunities:
In addition to the two $5,000 Premier Members CU Scholarship we reward $25,000 in Premier Scholarships to the following external organizations:
- Impact on Education – $5,000
- Westminster Public Schools Foundation – $5,000
- Realities For Children of Boulder County – $7,500
- I Have a Dream Foundation – $5,000
- Arvada Wheat Ridge Service Ambassadors for Youth (AWRSAY) – $1,500
Partner Scholarship Opportunities:
Mountain West Credit Union Foundation: Brayman-Beach Scholarship
The Board of Directors and Management of Mountain West Credit Union Foundation are pleased to announce the 2018 Brayman-Beach Scholarship.
One $5,000 scholarship will be awarded to a student who is a member of a Colorado-based credit union seeking a business degree from a four-year accredited institution.
There is no better way to convey the “people helping people” philosophy and the generous nature of our credit union community than by helping your young members achieve their dream of higher education.
For details click here.
Application Deadline: March 30, 2018 – 1:00 pm