- Be a member of Premier Members in good standing. If you’re not a member, you can join!
- For students under 18 who are not yet members, we are delaying the membership requirement until the branches are servicing normally. Students 18 and older are encouraged to apply for membership online.
- Be a spring high school graduate of the current year with a minimum 2.5 cumulative high school grade point average (GPA).
- Have already been accepted to a college or technical school within the United States and begin school as a full-time freshman in the fall of the graduating year with a minimum of 12 credit hours per quarter or semester.
Please include the following when submitting your completed application.*
- Complete the official application form
- A list of all extracurricular activities (school, religious, community, and sports). Include honors and awards, organizations and clubs you participated in including dates, offices held, responsibilities, etc.
- Your official, high school transcript (obtained from your counselor) including SAT or ACT scores.
- Two detailed letters of reference (on letterhead) from non-family members who know you well. These can include teachers, counselors, school administrators, employers, coaches, scout or religious leaders, etc. You can have you letters of recommendation sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A 250-350 word essay describing yourself, why you are uniquely qualified for this scholarship, what going to college means to you, and your goals and interests. Grammar, content, clarity, and overall presentation will be considered.
- Completed applications must be emailed in PDF format to email@example.com by 11:59 PM on May 15, 2020.
*Please note, we do not accept mailed-in applications or applications that have been dropped off at branch locations. We do not accept applications via Google Docs or Dropbox. Please email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional External Scholarship Opportunities
In addition to the two $5,000 Premier Members Credit Union Scholarships, we reward $25,000 in Premier scholarships to the following organizations:
- “I Have a Dream” Foundation of Boulder County – $5,000
- Westminster Public Schools Foundation – $5,000
- Realities For Children of Boulder County – $5,000
- Hide in Plain Sight – $5,000
- Hope House Colorado – $5,000
Even More Scholarship Opportunities from our Partners
Mountain West Credit Union Foundation: Brayman-Beach Scholarship
The board of directors and management of Mountain West Credit Union Foundation are pleased to announce the Brayman-Beach Scholarship.
One $5,000 scholarship will be awarded to a student who is a member of a Colorado-based credit union seeking a business degree from a four-year accredited institution.
People helping people, it’s what we do.
For details, click here.
Application Deadline: Friday, April 30, 2020