Celebrating 51 Years of Earth Day
April 22nd is the 51st celebration of Earth Day, and we’re hosting a week long Electronics Recycling Event. As the Artisans of Banking, we work hard to make sure that as much of our waste as possible flows to recycling and compost facilities. Most of our branches have zero waste stations available for both employees and members. And now we’d like to help you keep your household materials out of the landfill, too.
Our Members are recycling at a tremendous rate! You filled all of our electronics collection bins in the first three hours of the Earth Week event this weekend. We’re expecting to have our full bins collected and new empties available. In order to continue to serve all of our members, we are adjusting our collection times to ensure we have bin space each and every morning for you. Thank you for your amazing participation!
Drop-off Hours at our Arapahoe Branch:
- Monday-Friday (4/20-4/23): 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM (or until bins fill up)
- Saturday – curbside only (4/24): 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM (or until bins fill up)
We will be accepting the following items:
- All household electronics, including flatscreens, CRTs, laptops, tower computers, monitors, keyboards/mice, all cables and wires, modems & routers, mobile & desk phones, printers & ink/laser jet cartridges, fax machines, media (CDs, tapes, etc.).
- If you have an item you are unsure about, e-mail Nick Miranda at Eco-Cycle or Miles Hoffman at Premier Members
We will NOT be accepting the following items, and they must be taken directly to the Boulder Household Hazardous Materials site:
- Light bulbs of any kind, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors
- Non-electronics (such as paint, Styrofoam, packaging of any kind)
- Rear projection TVs, or any TV in excess of 150 pounds
For computers and hard drives, we won’t be able to provide certificates of destruction. You may take these directly to Eco-Cycle to obtain a certificate for $12. While all hard drives collected at Premier Members will be shredded upon reaching the Eco-Cycle facility, they will be stored in our branch during the collection period. We cannot guarantee the data will be protected until it is shredded.
If you can’t make it to Boulder during this time, don’t worry! We’ll host additional events later this year and we’ll announce the locations here and on our social media, so hang on to those electronics if you’d rather wait till we come closer to you.
You can also take a look at our 2019 Sustainability Report that outlines our baselines and goals, and how Premier Members’ staff engages with our sustainability efforts, including our recent community solar commitments in Boulder and Pueblo.
This land is our land, let’s celebrate it together.